Friday, June 13, 2008

Coming to Center and Getting to Work


Today marks the day I will begin my internship in San Marcos. My heart is racing a bit as I blog my last entry before I turn in for the night...or early morning. I can't wait to get settled in with DonaEvanya and her family and begin work at the library and with the Yahoskas. The delegation portion of my summer has come to a close and it is time to start my internship. The past three weeks have helped to ease us into Nicaraguan culture and to get us familiar with the history of this country.

For the past few days my delegation debriefed and re-centered at The Tisae, a nature reserve fourty minutes into the mountains surrounding Estali. It was great to have time to myself, and I meditated and relaxed from the Mirador, a lookout point at the top of a small mountain. The hike up was cathartic in itself, but I more so enjoyed sitting for hours on end in silence, enjoying the sound of the wind and the sometimes angry, at times joyful clouds pass over my head.

I enjoyed the Mirador twice with friends, and a third time by myself, allowing my mind to wander about my past, present, and future. This is the time of my life and I'm soaking in Nicaragua little by little. Such a small country has so much to offer.

No comments: